The safety and security of visitors and staff is our highest priority. We’ve updated our routine security measures in line with major venue and event security standards locally and internationally to ensure every visitor to The Great European Carnival events feel safe and welcomed when on site.
Rides and Equipment
Organisers of The Great European Carnival conform to the highest global standards of compliance and safety. The rides and equipment used are of the highest standard and maintained by the most experienced showmen from throughout the United Kingdom and Europe. Rides are tested by independent external parties in advance of opening and conform to EN13814 standards.
Every year the AIA Carnival is required to have CCTV cameras throughout the venue. These visions are fed into the central control room which is staffed by senior site monitors of the organisers The Great European Carnival, as well as independent security hired for the event. Monitoring an event of this magnitude is an essential safety precaution. CCTV monitoring has been increased this year for added safety. While these visions are recorded, they will not be used for any marketing purposes by the organisers.
Trained site monitors are located throughout the event venue to ensure the safety of patrons, visitors and staff. In the event of an incident of any kind, site monitors are usually the first responders that will alert key staff as required.
Bag Checks & Screening
Visitors are required to present their bags and personal belongings for visual inspection by security staff before entering the venue as a safety precaution and condition of entry. Checks will be carried out at the entrance to the venue.
The following items are prohibited:
- Glass beverage containers
- Illegal substances including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
- Flammable devices (flares, fireworks and smoke bombs)
- Anything that could be used as a weapon such as sharp items including knives
- Suspicious items or items which may look like a weapon
- Professional cameras or recording devices
- Laser pointers
- Political or offensive signage or clothing
- Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
- Any other item that may cause harm or public nuisance or could interfere with the event
There is a temporary storage area where visitors can check in prohibited items or baggage in a secure environment. This is a free service but is at the discretion of security and customer service staff depending on the item and its size.