2. We are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of your personal data.
4. We are equally committed to ensuring that all our employees and agents uphold these obligations.
Collection of Personal Data
1. Personal data refers to any data or information about you from which you can be identified. The types of personal data that we may collect from you will depend on the particular transaction or service request, but some common examples of personal data include:
a) Your name, address, email address, telephone number, and any other information relating to you which you have provided to us;
b) Your transaction related information, such as your bank account or credit card information;
c) Information about your use of our website, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and your log-in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
d) Information about your usage and interaction with our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), statistics on page view, clickstream to, through and from our website, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
e) Information submitted via forms located in the Events, Visitor Info and Careers sections of the website.
2. We will generally collect your personal data from the following sources:
a) Information from your transactions with us, our related companies, or others;
b) Information we receive when you access our website;
c) Information we receive when you communicate or correspond with us (e.g. by phone, email or otherwise);
d) Information we receive when you share details via online Events, Contact Us and Careers forms;
e) Information we receive when you complete any survey or questionnaire we send you; and
f) Information we receive from non-affiliated third parties, including business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and consumer reporting agencies.
3. We will only collect your personal data with your consent or as otherwise permitted under applicable laws and regulations, and we will attempt to ensure that the personal data is both accurate and kept up to date.
4. We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
Purposes for Which We Will Use Your Personal Data
1. We may use the personal information collected for the following purposes:
a) Processing the online purchase of our products or services, as well as handling any changes, cancellations and any other relevant matters;
b) processing billing and payment, determining amounts outstanding, and, if necessary, collection of outstanding payments;
c) offering, providing and marketing (including email direct marketing and customized online advertising) to you our products/services, or of any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies or group companies, or partnering business services providers, and administering, maintaining, managing and operating such products/services;
d) providing customer service, including processing and evaluating any applications or requests made by you for our products/services and communicating with you via telephone, mail, e-mail, facsimile or any other means of communication;
e) conducting market research for statistical or other purposes and designing products/services for customers;
f) providing you with alerts, updates, materials or information about our services or other types of information that you requested or signed up to;
g) making disclosure as required by any applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
h) complying with the laws of any applicable jurisdiction and with any of our internal policies; i) carrying out other services in connection with the operation of our business; and
j) other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
Disclosure of Personal Data
1. We will keep your personal data confidential but, subject to any applicable law, we may disclose your personal data for the above purposes to the following classes of transferees:
a) any member of our group or any of our related companies;
b) any agent, business partner, adviser, auditor, contractor, financial institution, and third party service provider who provides administrative, data processing, data storage, communications, computer, payment, system infrastructure and operation, website administration, or any other service which assists us to carry out the purposes set out above;
c) our legal and professional advisors;
d) government or regulatory bodies or any person to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside of Hong Kong; or
e) actual or proposed transferees of our operations (or a substantial part thereof) in or outside of Hong Kong.
Transfer of Personal Data
1. In connection with the purposes outlined above, the personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Hong Kong. It may also be processed by persons referred to above who operate outside Hong Kong.
3. We use persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by us when you return to our site or a partner site that uses our services. Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
4. We use the following cookies:
a) Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
b) Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
c) Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to the site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
d) Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the information displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
e) You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you do so, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
f) We may use third-party web services on our site. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies (which are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or targeting cookies), web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use our site and make the information displayed on it more relevant to your interests. The information collected through these means (including IP addresses) is disclosed to these service providers. These analytics services may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the marketing materials of their own advertising network.
1. Our website or our communications with you may from time to time contain links to third-party websites over which we have no control. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own practices and policies.
2. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of these websites in order to understand your rights.
3. We accept no responsibility or liability for any practices of third-party websites.
1. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
2. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using TLS/SSL technology.
3. We restrict access to personal information to our employees, service providers and contractors on a strictly need-to-know basis and ensure that those persons are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
4. We have stringent collection, storage and processing practices in place to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data and to guard against the unauthorised access, processing, use or loss and theft of your personal data. We review such practices from time to time. We also take steps to procure that third parties to whom we transfer your data also have similar security processes in place to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data, and compliance with any applicable data privacy laws.
5. Please note, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Your Right to Access Your Personal Data
1. You have the right to:
a) check whether we hold personal data about you;
b) access any personal data we hold about you; and
c) require us to correct any inaccuracy or error in any personal data we hold about you.
2. Any such request may be subject to a small administrative fee to meet our cost in processing your request.
3. You may also request us to cease using your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We will process such a request without charge.
1. In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese language versions of this policy, the English version shall prevail.
The Data Protection Officer
The Great European Carnival
35-37 Hau Wo Street,
Sai Wan, Hong Kong